Louisville, KY 40241
Salary: $10.00 /hour
This position must provide a clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents, employees, and public. The housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors. The housekeeper must follow the required procedures for cleaning residential apartments on a weekly schedule. Full-time benefits include a company matched 401(k), health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, STD, LTD, accident insurance, free meals and company provided uniforms.
Essential Duties and Task List
- Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, floor cleaners, buffers, etc.
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Requires working in damp, dusty and dirty areas. Must clean up human waste and other body fluids, as required.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Plan work schedule for major tasks.
- Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc.
- Empty trash containers daily.
- Wet mop floors in assigned residents’ rooms and bathrooms daily. Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas, and others daily.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers daily.
- Check all vacant rooms daily to keep fresh.
- Clean all air vents.
- Report any needed repairs to front desk for work order placement (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.) and reports any emergency immediately to supervisor.
- Wash windows as scheduled.
- Completely cleans all floor areas when necessary and as scheduled through vacuuming, encapsulation and extraction, and/or running the Whittacker brand of products and machinery.
- Check entire area for spills, water, etc. periodically, especially in residents’ bathrooms.
- Follow instructions on use of germicidal and cleaning solutions. All chemicals must be purchased and approved by Brownsboro Park and the management and housekeeping director.
- Use safety precautions in all housekeeping services.