Louisville, KY 40241
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Brownsboro Park Retirement Community is seeking a qualified line cook/chef for our food service department. Preferred applicants will have experience in a restaurant, senior living community, and/or food service kitchen environment. Candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, employer provided meals, and a quality work environment. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, and a matching 401(k).
Responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures.
Essential Duties and Task List
- Prepare and/or direct preparation of food served using established production procedures, recipes, and systems.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensure availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Set steam table; serve or ensure proper serving of food for dining room and room service delivery.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Store food properly and safely, marking date and item on all open containers.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepare all food served following standard recipes.
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food is preserved; use appropriate amounts of food for serving – portion control.
- Maintain daily production records, temperature logs, check-in deliveries to ensure quality and quantity.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Complete daily food temperature checks before service.